Pages

11 September 2010

Alchemy perhaps not so fictional after all.


I spent the morning playing with PMC, and these are the products (from left to right, beginning at the top):
1. A brag tag for a friend of mine. Her daughter's name is on the front and her birthdate is on the back.
2. A long-awaited ESMTG pendant. (The Christ followers with whom I am delighted to serve do our best to live by several guiding principles, one of which is "A soul is a soul is a soul, and every soul matters to God." We shorten it to ESMTG because life is always made brighter by cryptic acronyms.) I'm planning to sell this and give all profits to Assemblies of God World Missions. You can find another piece of mine that benefits world missions on this listing in my Etsy shop. I'm a little afraid that the edges of the pendant will be too fragile, but we'll see how it goes after firing.
3. The heart cut from the ESMTG pendant. I think I'm going to use a steel design stamp to impress a cross in it and then use it on a bracelet, which will pair nicely with the necklace IMO.
4 & 5: Charm-sized versions of the pendant pictured in my previous post. One is for an order, and one is for ME. :) ...how I do love making jewelry.

Hard to believe that these little pieces of putty will be .999 fine silver by tomorrow afternoon. That is, after they are fired at some insanely high temperature, courtesy of my tricked out Coleman camp stove (don't worry--I didn't do the mods myself, so the chances of it turning into a bomb are, I have been assured, minimal). Then, a vigorous round of sanding and polishing, and voila! This muted grey pieces of clay will turn into silvery, shiny, beautiful pieces of fine jewelry. It is a process that totally blows my mind. I'll be sure to post pictures of the results.

Though I hate to leave you in such suspense, I must retire. Word to the wise: Be sure to follow me on Twitter for some sweet deals and promotions, especially throughout the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment